Saturday, June 4, 2011

[Honda-C70] Re: 83 Electric Problems

 

Thanks Mike. I originally had the red and black/white wire hooked up so that was a problem. When I realized that, I put the red and black wire together, but still nothing. Then I realized my electrical tester was not working. Then I tried it again, and still nothing. Then I checked the new fuse I put in last night, and it was blown. I replaced the fuse and the bike fired up with the electrical start for the first time since I had it. Thanks so much for your help. I ordered some new light bulbs and other stuff to see if I can actually get it running well enough to go on the road. Thanks again!!!!

Broc

--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, Mindspring <mgladu@...> wrote:
>
> On Jun 4, 2011, at 11:25 AM, "broc_wilde" <broc_wilde@...> wrote:
>
> > So I did not get a key switch yet, but I put the black and red wires
> > together as if it is on. However, I still did not get any power
> > with my electrical tester to the white or blue wires of the
> > headlight. Is connecting the red and black wires a sufficient
> > equivalent to having the key switch on? Or is buying a key switch
> > the only way? I just want to figure out the problem before I buy a
> > key switch.
> >
>
> BLACK and RED connected will power up all the battery powered stuff.
> The other two connected will kill the engine like the kill switch,
> shorting the ignition coil to ground.
>
> For the headlight you're looking for the YELLOW wire coming off the
> generator with ac power when the engine is running, which goes to the
> left handlebar switch and is diverted to high or low beam (BLUE or
> WHITE wires).
>
> The GREEN wire is ground, and should test with continuity to the frame.
>
> It sounds like the left handlebar switch (dimmer) is disconnected.
>
> Mike G.
> -
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)

1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c

More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Find useful articles and helpful tips on living with Fibromyalgia. Visit the Fibromyalgia Zone today!

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment