Thursday, June 9, 2011

[Honda-C70] Re: 1981 C70 Passport

 

Your engine has the classic symptoms for having the cam timing
off by one tooth of the sprocket. Double check that the
timing marks on the cam sprocket line up correctly with the head, and that the TDC mark on the flywheel is right on the money. I inadvertantly created the same problem on my bike when I did a valve job.

Richard

--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "cayman2653" <cayman2653@...> wrote:
>
> Guys, I need some help. I have posted twice but have not gotten any replies. I know my issue may be strange but someone must have a quess what is wrong. My engine went from running correct (tan plug color) to running really rich (black plug color) after I put a new piston, rings and cylinder on it. I have readjusted the carb twice, reset the point gap and played with the timing. I is better but still not right. The engine boggs in the midrange and will not rev up. It wants to, sounds good for a second, like it is going to rev up but then boggs down. Almost sounds like it is running with the timing retarded. I have cleaned the carb very good, blew all the orifices out with compressed air and replaced all the o-rings and manifold gaskets. I could understand if it had an air leak and was running lean but what in the world could cause it to suddenly start running rich? Someone must have seen this problem before, please respond.
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)

1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c

More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment