Hi guys, I am honored to have found one of these bikes this old in such decent condition. The frame, chrome exhaust and wheels are all in very great condition. It does need some work as most of them do.
Here is the best part, my friend Jake was selling it after getting it from another friend who's barn it sat in for years. Now Jake bought it with the intentions to restore it, but never got around to it.
So one day I went over to check it out as I knew he was selling it and I thought, maybe I could get it for a good price, which I did for $300.
Well we cracked open his garage and it was crammed in the back with a sheet over it. We pulled it off, checked the fuel tank, I drained the old gas, put some new gas in it and it fired up on the 2nd kick. So I knew it was meant to be.
I have since then, cleaned out the carb really well and also put in a new spark plug and it rips pretty well now. I am going to do a full restore on this beautiful machine. So far I have purchased some OEM side covers from a '72 that is also Poppy Yellow that I found on eBay. This was a huge score as this bike was missing them.
I have a huge list of items I want to buy. I am going completely with NOS/OEM on the items I can find. But obviously some have to be Aftermarket. But I will post progress on this machine if anyone is interested.
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment