I have an '83 C70.
After lots of messing around with the carb here is the basic question:
If the carb float is adjusted to spec, should I expect that it will dribble fuel when on the sidestand?
I realize it is normal to shut the valve off when the bike is parked, but I am probably not the only one you forgets once in a while.
Anyway, If I adjust the float to where it doesn't dribble while on the stand, the bike runs poorly, pressumably starving for fuel on acceleration.
I am more than a little surprised frankly that the adjustment tolerances are this fine. Or am I missing something? I bought a new float at DrATV with the metal mounting tab so it is adjustable, it has the viton tipped needle. I notice that the thickness of the float is less than the original all plastic one, but it would seem that the specified 0.42 inches for float height should be the same.
Russ
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment