Sunday, May 22, 2011

RE: [Honda-C70] Started an album

 

Hi Maggie:

Nice looking bike - sorta looks like my '81 (better check my garage .. J ).

The resolution of the photo's is pretty low, but the rack seems to pass the
'10 foot rule' fine . (from 10 feet away it looks fine).

If it isn't scaly rust - ie the chrome is lifting in flakes/sheets - I
wouldn't replace it. I'd give it a go with some fine steel wool and an
application of chrome polish, and see what the results are then. Mine has a
rust patina also, but I'm too lazy to really clean it up. I think it adds
patina, that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it!

William Strong

From: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of MaggiMia
Sent: May 21, 2011 5:28 PM
To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Honda-C70] Started an album

I started an album and put 2 photos in, 1 of just my 1981 C70 Deluxe and 1
of both my bike and Larry's 1982 C70 with his red truck..he played with
every thing that needed fixed on the truck after he bought it and then he
worked on my bike until it was running. Now I get to start the clean up
work. The front rack is very rusty and I am trying to clean it up some--but
am sure tempted to put 'buy new front rack' on that wish list of mine..silly
old woman wants shiny chrome. Maggie in IL

_____

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 10.0.1375 / Virus Database: 1509/3651 - Release Date: 05/21/11

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)

1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c

More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment