Monday, May 2, 2011

Re: [Honda-C70] So I tried...

 

OK here goes some random thoughts
New gas in tank, open drain screw on carb and drain some gas, both normal and reserve position.
Hi rev at start is normally the carb slide in backwards or the cable is attached wrong on the slide.
The bike will start and run without a battery (kick and push start) BUT if the engine revs up the headlight will blow!!
To push start shift to 2nd, hold the shifter to desengage the clutch, get up to speed and release the shifter.
Have you tried to test the spark? install a new plug?
Bill
Portland OR 

From: everinbloomjf <everinbloomjf@yahoo.com>
To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, May 2, 2011 10:04 AM
Subject: [Honda-C70] So I tried...

 
I put some gas in my old second hand 83 c70 and tried to kick start..nothing
also I tried going downhill on neutral and switching to first gear..the wheels would stop as if putting on the breaks..any ideas out there?
Still need to try electric starter, I still need a new battery!

a little background on bike:
bought it from a guy who said when he would start the bike it would rev to the max so he told me to buy a new throttle cable. I inspected the carb and cable assembly all looked fine.
I am no auto shop guy but believe I can fix this.
any info or advice would be greatly appreciated!

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)

1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c

More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment