Scott,
She's running like a top! I'm pleasantly surprised with the reliability of it. I'm seeing big increases in torque and overall power throughout the curve. The cone air filter gives it a throaty growl as well. 50+ is easily attainable, and it feels much more stable at those speeds than it did at 40 with the 70cc. I assume it is from the addition of the 4th gear (reduced rpm-less vibrations). The only problems I am having is the neutral light is always on, and the kill switch is non functional----suggestions? Also, I think the PO (before you) didn't use oil designed for wet clutches (it slips at full throttle). I'll work those out this summer sometime. Thanks for the deal on it Scott!
Enjoy the ride!
Darin
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Mumaw <scottmumaw@yahoo.com>
Sender: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 17:02:48
To: <Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com>
Reply-To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Honda-C70] So I tried...
Hey Darin,
Good to hear from you. How is your Passport with the Lifan 110?
Scott in az
________________________________
From: "darin_hicks@yahoo.com" <darin_hicks@yahoo.com>
To: Honda C70 <Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Mon, May 2, 2011 11:38:52 AM
Subject: Re: [Honda-C70] So I tried...
Check to make sure the slide in the carburetor isn't rotated 180 degrees, this
would basically cause your bike to run at full throttle.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
-----Original Message-----
From: aleps Oliva <miartecallarte@yahoo.com>
Sender: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 11:25:31
To: <Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com>
Reply-To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Honda-C70] So I tried...
c70 need a battery to start running even if you push or kick start.
--- On Mon, 5/2/11, everinbloomjf <everinbloomjf@yahoo.com> wrote:
From: everinbloomjf <everinbloomjf@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Honda-C70] So I tried...
To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, May 2, 2011, 10:04 AM
I put some gas in my old second hand 83 c70 and tried to kick start..nothing
also I tried going downhill on neutral and switching to first gear..the wheels
would stop as if putting on the breaks..any ideas out there?
Still need to try electric starter, I still need a new battery!
a little background on bike:
bought it from a guy who said when he would start the bike it would rev to the
max so he told me to buy a new throttle cable. I inspected the carb and cable
assembly all looked fine.
I am no auto shop guy but believe I can fix this.
any info or advice would be greatly appreciated!
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment