Monday, May 2, 2011

Re: [Honda-C70] So I tried...

 

Man, I wish I was in Oregon! Im here in Whittier, Ca.
All this info is amazing,I'im gonna go through a checklist of things now before
I "give up".
Ill update as soon as I check these things.
-Jorge

________________________________
From: william belleau <wjbelleau@yahoo.com>
To: "Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com" <Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Mon, May 2, 2011 6:55:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Honda-C70] So I tried...

What we first need to know does the engine even turn over.
The best way is to take the side cover off the left side and see if the crank
turns when you kick start it.

The engine could be stuck and the clutch slips allowing you to move the
kickstarter lever.
If the engine does turn over but there is no compression, then it is not so
good.
It could be a bent or stuck valve, a hole in the piston or blown head gasket or
even something as simple as
a bad sparkplug. or loose sparkplug.
But best to start with the simple thing first, a visual check to see if the
crankshaft turns.
Are you here in Portland OR?
Bill
Portland OR

From: thomas earsley <dartsportgts1975@yahoo.com>
To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, May 2, 2011 6:26 PM
Subject: Re: [Honda-C70] So I tried...

Bill in Portland Hello. I have a 1970 C 70 here it kicks over but dont feal the
piston moving no compression. Thomas.

--- On Mon, 5/2/11, william belleau <wjbelleau@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: william belleau <wjbelleau@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Honda-C70] So I tried...
To: "Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com" <Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Monday, May 2, 2011, 4:42 PM

OK here goes some random thoughts
New gas in tank, open drain screw on carb and drain some gas, both normal and
reserve position.
Hi rev at start is normally the carb slide in backwards or the cable is attached
wrong on the slide.
The bike will start and run without a battery (kick and push start) BUT if the
engine revs up the headlight will blow!!
To push start shift to 2nd, hold the shifter to desengage the clutch, get up to
speed and release the shifter.
Have you tried to test the spark? install a new plug?
Bill
Portland OR

From: everinbloomjf <everinbloomjf@yahoo.com>
To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, May 2, 2011 10:04 AM
Subject: [Honda-C70] So I tried...

I put some gas in my old second hand 83 c70 and tried to kick start..nothing
also I tried going downhill on neutral and switching to first gear..the wheels
would stop as if putting on the breaks..any ideas out there?
Still need to try electric starter, I still need a new battery!

a little background on bike:
bought it from a guy who said when he would start the bike it would rev to the
max so he told me to buy a new throttle cable. I inspected the carb and cable
assembly all looked fine.
I am no auto shop guy but believe I can fix this.
any info or advice would be greatly appreciated!

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)

1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c

More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment