Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Re: [Honda-C70] Rusted Fuel Tank 1981 C70

 

I have used this place. http://americanmetalcleaning.com/contactus.cfm
Save money strip the paint yourself.
Or if the outside is good paint, buy the chemicals and do it yourself.
It is not hard and there are some rust removal chenicals that are more earth
friendly.
Bill
Portland OR

From: portlandmichaeld <mikecardiello@gmail.com>
To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, May 9, 2011 5:58 PM
Subject: [Honda-C70] Rusted Fuel Tank 1981 C70

 
I just purchased a yellow C70 from a couple who stored it under a tarp for 16 years. I've been working on it but have yet to figure out what to do about the heavily rusted gas tank. I would prefer to buy a new or used one that is clean but it's looking like I will have to clean it out. I just bought Kreem and was wondering if anyone has used it. I was planning on having it sandblasted before using the Kreem. Does anyone have any advice on cleaning the tank? I've already got new fuel lines and a gas cap and have removed the tank (no holes). Thanks Mike

(I searched for a thread about this problem and may have somehow missed the gas tank section?)

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)

1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c

More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment