Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Re: [Honda-C70] Honda Passport front fork/shock question.

 

Chris
You have to be very very careful when buying on E bay. They want you to buy
they have no idea what you have or even what they have.
The early C70's have a downstop bumper on the front fork. The later C70
(82-84) do not use one. Thus the shock can be used one way not the other.
To say nothing of one manufactures idea of what it should look like even if
it does the same job.
I have not used ether of the shocks you showed pic of and not sure I could tell
you if they would work for what they say it works on.
Bill
Portland OR
--- On Tue, 5/31/11, knytewolf1974 <knytewolf1974@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: knytewolf1974 <knytewolf1974@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Honda-C70] Honda Passport front fork/shock question.
To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, May 31, 2011, 6:38 PM

 

I have a 1983 Honda C70 Passport. I just changed the front shocks, which looked like this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-C50-C70-C90-C100-front-shock-absorbers-suspension-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1e56c0da31QQitemZ130304498225QQptZOtherQ5fVehicleQ5fParts

However, I also purchased a front fork from a 1982 Honda C70 Passport for a crashed 1983 I just won off of ebay. The front fork on the 1982 uses this type of front shock...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-C50-C70-C90-C100-front-shock-absorbers-suspension-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1e5b9b2edbQQitemZ130385915611QQptZOtherQ5fVehicleQ5fParts

As far as I can tell, from parts pictures I have looked for from 1980-83 Passports, the front forks are the same, and they show the first one, not the second. Can someone tell me as to why the fork I got for an 82 Passport uses this particular shock? Is it possible to install either of them? Or is the fork I got not off an 82 Passport? Any help with this mystery is greatly appreciated?

Thank you,

Chris

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)

1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c

More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment