Monday, May 9, 2011

Re: [Honda-C70] Clutch adjustment....Step by step help please?

 

Liz
Lets try to adjust it a few more times before we go off the deep end.
Loosen the lock nut, turn the adjustment screw CCW till you feel resistance. Turn the adjustment screw 1/8 turn CW
hold and tighten the lock nut.
Start the bike in "N", shift into "1st" and hold the shifter!! does the bike want to pull forward?
Release the shifter, does it now want to pull forward?
It should not pull forward if you hold the shifter as the clutch should be disengaged.
When you release the shifter the clutch is now engaged and the bike will pull forward.
Let us know how it goes.
Bill
Portland OR

From: Liz <veap29@yahoo.com>
To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, May 9, 2011 7:18 PM
Subject: Re: [Honda-C70] Clutch adjustment....Step by step help please?

 
And I did use and open ended wrench to keep that locking nut in place to make
sure the adjustment screw on the nut didn't move.
When I went to adjust the clutch the adjustment screw was turned all the way tight clockwise. I loosen it one turn counter-clockwise and then when it started to get me resistance as I turned it clockwise, I stopped and then backed up the screw 1/4 of a turn. It seems to still shift hard going up through the gears and downshifting is very jerky.
Any suggestions would be great!
Thank you!
Liz :)

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

--- On Mon, 5/9/11, Liz <veap29@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Liz <veap29@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Honda-C70] Clutch adjustment....Step by step help please?
To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, May 9, 2011, 3:46 PM

 

Hi All,

Having trouble adjusting the clutch on my 82 C70.

Any steps for me?

I have the right tools I believe, I just need a screwdriver correct?

Thanks.

Liz

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)

1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c

More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment