Congrats on your bike fix! That's a great thing!
Liz :)
Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.
--- On Sat, 5/28/11, myron <mvandrews13@hotmail.com> wrote:
From: myron <mvandrews13@hotmail.com>
Subject: [Honda-C70] Baby Huey`s 81 won`t start . Up date
To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 4:40 PM
Hi All: As some of you may remember I posted that my 81 would not start in early Oct. of 2010. It had no spark at the plug & a jumper light at the points didn`t light when the points opened or closed. Last week a local Honda repair shop that I had halled it to called with the good news that it is again " ALIVE ".The mechanic said that the only thing he found wrong was the spark plug cap had high ombs & the points seemed to be glazed . So he cleaned the points with a shop towel wet with brake cleaner. I had replaced the coil & coil wire with 1 from Ebay but the plug cap was dirty & beat up so I used mine . Guess that was a mistake. I had also cleaned my points with electric contact cleaner & a points file when I put in a new condenser.I did notice that the points file was sheading lots of grit so I had snaped off the end to get a new surface. Now I am wondering if the glue that held the grit on the file had glazed my points? Lastly my electric
starter worked 3 times in 2010 . It is now working 2 out of 3 times when tryed especially if I tap the end of the starter with a screw driver handle or rubber mallat. Ron in NJ did you win your side bet on what the cause of " Blue Baggers " death was. I can`t think of any reason why the starter would now work better unless all the wires I unpluged to test I improved a loose conection/s. Any thoughts anyone ? I am very happy to be able to ride again. Baby Huey
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment