Sunday, May 1, 2011

[Honda-C70] Spark advancer

 

I'm not too well versed and wasn't able to find an article relating to my problem. If it's already been posted, could someone please direct me to the post?

Anyways, it seems that the pin which holds the spark advancer in place has been shaved off. Would this cause any problems with the engine's performance? I just purchased the engine, modified stock engine, and while replacing the gasket on the left engine cover, I found that the flywheel pin on that holds the spark advancer in place seems to be shaved off.

Should I try to take the part out of my stock engine, which runs just fine, or should I just take all of the modified parts off this engine and beef up my stock engine? The modified engine has a bored up cylinder, 4 speed transmission, manual clutch, heavy duty valve springs, performance head, and a larger cam. The engine roars loud and feels like it has a lot of power, just has problems running well.

Thanks

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)

1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c

More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment