Monday, May 23, 2011

[Honda-C70] Re: took that bike for a ride

 

Where are you at in Illinois?

I'm in Frankfort in Will County.

--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "MaggiMia" <maggimia56@...> wrote:
>
> Actually we had both bikes out for a while, but Larry's seems to have a plug fouled, he will deal with it today if he feels like it. He had his 3rd pacemaker installed about a month ago and humidity really gets to him fast so he can't come out and play some times.
> But my little bike and I did manage to run to my house to put my wash into the dryer, then around the old cemetery, the new subdivision, the levee, and side streets on the northeast end of town.
> I still don't have plates on the bike, seller didn't sign it, LOL, he wasn't sure if he signed those spaces but had signed the bottom 'tear off' part so our local DMV office filled out all the paperwork and let me know the costs and sent me out the door with paperwork ready to file, once it's signed.
> Now I need to get more comfortable with shifting gears, and my right foot turns out, due to car accident injuries so I will have to remember that with the brake pedal so I catch more than just the edge of it.
> It's a fun little bike, not the same as the 250 Nighthawk that was my last bike but sure easier for me to lift the back end and scoot it over to get it where I want it in Larry's garage and once it's legal and I have that test done, motorcycle validation on license again, I will sure enjoy running it my 2.5 mile drive to work.
> I can replace the badly corroded front rack for under $30, including shipping, can find Honda baskets easily for reasonable prices so now am content to put my black bicycle basket on it until I have the spare funds for the 'upgrade'.
> Now I am trying to talk Larry into being in the Fall Festival parade here this fall, his son is involved with that and I'm sure we could play--he's saying No right now but it's not until September so I have months to try and talk him into it...Maggie in IL
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)

1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c

More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment