I have a stock 3 speed C70 and swapped my 14 tooth for a 15 tooth front sprocket. I found the bike doesn't seem to accelerate as well and seems to take longer to get up to speed but I have a faster top end, especially going down hill. When cruising at 50km/30ml the engine doesn't rev as high.
Barrie
--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "A" <ak6666666@...> wrote:
>
> Yes very true. I totally agree.
>
> But my sprocket madness did another, final, iteration.
> 17x37 changed to 17x34 and bliss.
>
> --- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, Mike Gladu <mgladu@> wrote:
> >
> > At 5:55 AM +0000 5/21/11, A wrote:
> > >After reading about the existence of a 17 teeth sprocket, yesterday
> > >I searched for one and found it, for dollar 1. Changed my 16-37 to
> > >17-37 gearing and the difference is WOW.
> > >Now my 4th gear is practically a true 5th gear. Im fine in 3rd and
> > >when I shift to 4th, its bonus. In 4th, at idle revs, the motorcycle
> > >does about 20 km/hr.
> >
> > Unfortunately, the rest of us with C70's and three speed
> > transmissions will suffer with a 17t sprocket.
> >
> > We don't have the luxury of downshifting to third to get the pull
> > necessary to forge up hills and accelerate when we need to. We only
> > have second, which is usually too low to be useful, and with a 17
> > will be like third, and we lose the pull in first AND third.
> >
> > Sigh.
> >
> > Stick with the 14 or 15 folks if you have a stock C70.
> >
> > Mike G.
> > -
> >
>
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment