Wednesday, May 25, 2011

[Honda-C70] Re: High beam and speedometer illumination bulbs

 

Call me when you have a minute and I will tell you what I am going to do with my 1983 Passport re: the dim bulbs. I will also be posting it here soon but I don't have the time.

Chris

310-924-7635

--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "bigmansb" <sbeers@...> wrote:
>
> I ordered all new speedometer bulbs for my 83 C70 from Beatrice Cycle, as my old ones were all burnt out from the PO running it with a dead battery. The two bulbs for the neutral light and the turn signal light work great, but the other two are so dim they are basically useless. I can sort of see the high beam light in pitch darkness, and the speedometer doesn't seem illuminated at all.
>
> http://dratv.stores.yahoo.net/122.html
>
> These are the bulbs I purchased, which match the voltage and wattage of the stock bulbs. They light up but are VERY dim. Should I have purchased these instead?:
>
> http://dratv.stores.yahoo.net/p12vdabu7.html
>
> I find it strange that two bulbs with the same specs would illuminate differently, but what do I know. Beatrice charges quite a bit for shipping, though, so I'd like confirmation on what bulbs work in the 12v system before I seek these out.
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)

1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c

More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment