Wednesday, May 4, 2011

[Honda-C70] Re: 1980 C70

 

If that battery has been sitting for nine years, you'd better replace it soon, before it blows out all your lightbulbs. It might work now, but it will fail soon.

As for the suspension, there's not much to be done about it. They're sealed units with no adjustment. But I think the general consensus is that they do tend to be on the soft side. I think I've seen the phrase "rocking chair" used to describe the ride quality.

HC

--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "jjkohlman" <jjkohlman@...> wrote:
>
> Hi all. New to the Passport/c70 world. Yesterday I bought a '80 C70 that wasn't run or registered in 9 years. Brought it home in my hatchback. Single-handedly unloaded it without damage to my car, the cycle or myself. I topped off the battery with distiller water, put it on the trickle charger overnight. Drained the gas, replaced the fuel line, rinsed the tank, cleaned the carb and float, changed the oil. After all was said and done I turned the key, dropped it into neutral and kicked it 3 times on full choke. Fired up and ran. Idled perfectly too. Took it for a quick run up the road and it shifts through all three gears. Not bad for a total investment of $306.98. It needs to be tuned and adjusted. Main question is: how much spring And rebound should the shocks have. I weigh 185 and it seems like they're a little soft. Is there a guideline? This us my first passport and I have nothing to compare it to.
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)

1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c

More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment