They are set up for an average person, and I'm 215 and rode mine just fine. If you are on the bike any amount of time at all, you'll come to appreciate the soft ride. If you aren't bottoming out, you are likely just fine.
Congrats on your new purchase! I hope you have lots of fun on your new bike!
If you decide that you want new shocks, try eBay or dratv.com, they've got options for you.
--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "jjkohlman" <jjkohlman@...> wrote:
>
> Hi all. New to the Passport/c70 world. Yesterday I bought a '80 C70 that wasn't run or registered in 9 years. Brought it home in my hatchback. Single-handedly unloaded it without damage to my car, the cycle or myself. I topped off the battery with distiller water, put it on the trickle charger overnight. Drained the gas, replaced the fuel line, rinsed the tank, cleaned the carb and float, changed the oil. After all was said and done I turned the key, dropped it into neutral and kicked it 3 times on full choke. Fired up and ran. Idled perfectly too. Took it for a quick run up the road and it shifts through all three gears. Not bad for a total investment of $306.98. It needs to be tuned and adjusted. Main question is: how much spring And rebound should the shocks have. I weigh 185 and it seems like they're a little soft. Is there a guideline? This us my first passport and I have nothing to compare it to.
>
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment