They use the same relay, and there is no fuse. The way it works is that the flasher switch when activated connects either the left or the right set to the black hot-when-the-key-is-on wire through the flasher relay, which is a thermoelectric oscillator based on a bimetal contact. My only guess would be that one of your right signals was installed with a slightly flaky ground connection, causing the bulb to draw less amps and so the bimetal strip in the relay isn't getting hot enough for the oscillating action to work. Maybe try like a jumper wire, giving each of the right signals an extra ground path while they're active and see if they start flashing.
--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "knytewolf1974" <knytewolf1974@...> wrote:
>
> I have a 1983 Passport. I just changed out all of my old, cracked, ugly-ass turn signal blinkers today for new ones. They were all functioning earlier today but I have noticed now that when I click the turn switch to the left position, the front and rear flash on the left side, however, when I click the switch to the right, both the front and the rear on the right stay lit and don't flash like they did before I changed them. My whole reason for changing them for new ones is because visually, they were very poor, however, they did seem to work, lol. Does each side run off of a different flasher relay? Is it possible I may have blown out a fuse somewhere? Is it possible that one of the new ones I installed on the right is defective? I plan on swapping out the new ones on the right for the old ones tomorrow just to see if the fault lies with one of the new ones I installed. I don't see how I could have screwed things up since they are only connected by one wire, but I guess when it's me, anything can happen, haha.I am a noob to this group, as well as this Passport so any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you very much.
>
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment