Tuesday, May 10, 2011

[Honda-C70] Alt-to-Points Wiring question?

 

I'm working on the condensor and points on my '81 and wondered why the wire that comes from the alternator to the hot side of the points (black with a white stripe)has a junction in it? It's a little plug and socket joint in a clear heat shrink insulator tube.

It just seems like an odd place for a connector. Or am I working with somebody's patch job from the Reagan administration?

It's kind of odd, because after I put in new points and a condensor I got a really good spark at the points for the first few revolutions of the starter and now a fairly weak spark. But it's still a good spark at the plug? Go figure?

I'll be spending the weekend on the garage floor figuring it all out I guess.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)

1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c

More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment