Friday, April 29, 2011

RE: [Honda-C70] Re: Honda C70 project update on youtube

 

I got the following parts (below) off of a guy on Ebay who runs an online
store 'Classicscooterparts' - I package-priced the lot of parts so that both
the price and the shipping went way down as a result. As far as I know, all
of the following parts are of Vietnamese origin. This seller is actually
located in California. Another seller offering similar parts that I've
heard good things about is 'Tammy923motorcycle' located in Florida, I
believe.

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/classicscooterparts/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

http://stores.ebay.com/tammy923motorcycle?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Front and rear turn-signals - came with 12 volt bulbs. These aren't OEM
Stanley, but a knock-off.

Middle fairing rack.

Chain case - needed some tweaking and finessing to work.

Swing arm - note, one of the chain case tabs was welded in an incorrect
position, and this threw off the chain case installation. It had no
welded-on buddy-peg mounts, which was a plus for me.

Solo seat - this did NOT come with the rubber bumpers necessary to attach to
underside of seat - fortunately I had a few sets from motorbikes that I've
stripped in the past.

Large rear rack.

The front signals were basic plug-in, bolt up and play. The rear signals
required careful drilling of bolt holes to fix to the stamped steel frame.
You can see a vague outline on the North American models where the base of
the signals would belong. Again, these aren't OEM Stanley lens, but a
knock-off of somewhat thinner material, but the signal bodies are chromed
metal, and appear capable of taking the OEM Stanley lenses should one get
broken. No rubber grommets or seals are provided with the signals as I
bought them. I'll be getting those eventually to seal out moisture
condensation. My stock rear signal stalks had a few weld-cracks that had
spread onto the tail light bucket - I simply cut them out, and dremeled a
uniform shape on each side of the tail light bucket to suit.

The general impression that I got of the parts, are that they are 'seconds'
.. they aren't up to western standards of quality or had some quality
problems in my opinion. I was able to make things work for any problems I
encountered, however.

The exhaust is a 'V8 Speedsource' canister style exhaust. It is available
at several online retailers including DrATV in two different finishes (blue
and 'titanium') at about $175.00. I did, however buy mine at another online
retailer in Canada
http://www.fasttrails.com/Item242/Underside_Monkey_Exhaust.aspx for
significantly less than DrATV's price at $125.00. Please note, these
AREN'T meant for the C70's specifically, and will require a bit of
tinkering/modding to make work, whether you are using a stock motor, or a
wider Lifan. It is NOT a clean, bolt on and go fit, but will need some
patience to mount right - particularly so if you are using an aftermarket
centerstand. I have a stock motor with a centerstand, and I had to peen in
the header tube a bit where it made contact with the centerstand mount.
'Rogueeve', a member on the list here just picked one up for his Lifan 120cc
powered '81, and ran into similar issues - but he got it on with minimal
difficulty in the end.

These 'V8 Speedsource' pipes, as mentioned earlier, aren't specific to the
C70, but rather meant for the CT70 Minitrail - I've seen one mounted on a
Flyscooters Scout (Passport updated clone) on youtube. As well, DrATV is
indicating that they may fit the CT90/CT110 trail-cubs. It appears to be of
Taiwan origin - as such the quality is fairly decent for the money.

Hope that helps.

William Strong

From: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of nustar1
Sent: April 29, 2011 7:44 PM
To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Honda-C70] Re: Honda C70 project update on youtube

Great looking bike. I've git an ' 83. I don't like the DOT signals where did
you get yours and how much work was it to install also tell me more about
the exhaust please. Where did you get it?
--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Honda-C70%40yahoogroups.com> ,
"William Strong" <wstrong@...> wrote:
>
> I've just put up on youtube for those who may be interested in it, my
> post-winter project rollout of my '82 Honda Passport as I pulled it out of
> the living room and into the garage for the riding season.
>
>
>
> http://youtu.be/gwPy9QB0Blg?hd=1
>
>
>
> Enjoy!
>
>
>
> William Strong
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

_____

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 10.0.1325 / Virus Database: 1500/3605 - Release Date: 04/29/11

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)

1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c

More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment