I have the same motor, mine came with the carb. The new carb is much bigger than the old one. I'm not sure it would be a good idea to use the stock carb with a motor that size. Also, I think the intake manifold is larger so if you were to use the stock carb you would have to make an adapter. My carb has "LF125" or something like that stamped on the side of it, perhaps that means it's a Lifan product. I don't have many other details about it though because it was just included in the package with the motor and nobody told me exactly where it came from or what it's specs are.
--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "knytewolf1974" <knytewolf1974@...> wrote:
>
> I am going to be putting a Lifan 120cc in my 1983 Passport. I unfortunately need a new carburetor as well. Can anyone tell me if the stock carb can be used on the Lifan 120cc engine? Also, can anyone tell me of any high performance carbs I can use instead if I want to go that route?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Chris
>
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment