Saturday, April 30, 2011

[Honda-C70] Help

 

I've got a 1981 Honda C70 Passport. It runs just fine, except for the lights. I found where the previous owner had jammed a screw in for the original fuse, removed said screw and replaced it with a fuse. Charged up my battery, hooked it in and turned on the key. The console lights come up, the signals work, and the tailight works. I know the headlight runs off the engine, so nothing. I kick it and the bike starts up fine, however no headlight! I take it off with the bike running and i get spark at the bulb on the headlight, but no light. After quite a while of tinkering around, the battery finally dies out again i guess, and viola the headlight comes on but nothing else works now. Can anyone please tell me what the heck is going on. I am so close to calling it quits and parting this thing out on ebay!

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)

1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c

More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment