Yep -- thanks -- so it came off, of course, when I took the old battery out. Doh. And I finally hit the correct search terms and found the answer. Thanks for the answer though, and sorry for cluttering up the group.
Now, does anybody know where I put the keys?
pbs
--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, Mike Gladu <mgladu@...> wrote:
>
> At 5:59 PM +0000 4/29/11, pbsgcq wrote:
> >So in the process of getting my "new" 81 C70 on the road, the
> >negative battery cable came completely off (it makes me wonder if
> >the other end was even on). Now I'm pretty sure I know that one end
> >goes on the neg terminal of the battery (arr arr) but I'm not sure
> >where the other end goes. next to the battery bracket in that spare
> >hole? I'd say that was logical, but there is no paint scrapage to
> >indicate it was ever there. was it in that hole but on the inside
> >of the battery compartment? I've looked at diagrams, but they don't
> >really tell me where the cable mounts. I hate to guess about it and
> >blow a few bulbs and etc...
> >
> >Thanks!
> >
> >pbs
>
> Negative cable goes to the bolt that holds the battery holder in place.
>
> Make sure metal touches metal.
>
> Mike G.
> -
>
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment